Introducing Active Author Guidelines
Manuscript Manager in collaboration with Penelope.ai presents Active Author Guidelines: An author facing, machine-learning-powered manuscript pre-checker, designed to improve the accuracy of the author’s submission before it lands in your editorial office inbox.
“With Active Author Guidelines, we perform 50+ technical checks, giving authors immediate and actionable feedback on the state of their submission – before they push the send button.”
– Christian Grenaa Hansen, developer at Manuscript Manager
Save significant resources in the editorial office
Active Author Guidelines are a way for you to make your author guidelines actionable for your authors. During the submission flow, they will be able to click a button and get a report on to what extent their submission complies with your guidelines. Is the author missing an abstract? Have they not specified a reference style? The report will show the author exactly what they need to adjust before hitting the submit button.
Imagine if the manuscripts your editorial office receives all complied with your author guidelines – how much valuable time would you be able to free up by not having to make tedious, manual checks?
Create a smooth experience for all authors
Reducing the time spent by your editorial office is not the only benefit you will have with Active Author Guidelines. As a publisher, your most important resource is happy, returning authors – giving them a meaningful and professional experience is key.
A journal’s publisher goes to great lengths to produce detailed author submission guidelines. However, the specifics are often overlooked by the author in the eagerness of getting their work reviewed and published.
During online submission with Active Author Guidelines switched on, the authors are actively engaged in the process of correctly submitting their work as an automatic analysis of their manuscript provides a pass/fail style report that is tailored to the study and type of manuscript. The author can then make the necessary suggested corrections and recheck their work before submitting a fully compliant manuscript.
It is all about reducing time to publication
The quicker a research article can be published, the quicker it can generate revenue for you and be cited by researchers, creating a win-win for everyone. The ultimate purpose of Manuscript Manager’s Active Author Guidelines is to help journals and publishers make good content publishable as quickly and efficiently as possible.
Want to give Active Author Guidelines a try? All you need to do is contact us. If you are not yet a Manuscript Manager user, sign up below to try a more pragmatic way of handling your peer review.
About Penelope.ai’s artificial intelligence engine
- Penelope.ai uses cutting edge language processing techniques to perform scores of technical checks in a matter of seconds.
- It uses statistical models trained on thousands of academic articles to understand the structure and content of a given article and determine the presence or absence of required information.
- It crosschecks information when necessary against custom built knowledge bases and other parts of the manuscript.
- The checks cover the ethical, structural, content and formatting requirements of the target journal.
- The feedback is tailored according to the target journal, article type and research design. Authors and editors can view feedback on a full interactive annotated report.
Kultorvet 11, 2. floor
1175 Copenhagen K
Manuscript Manager encourages customers and business partners to uphold high standards in peer review. Thus, we refer to the standards of DOAJ, COPE and OASPA, when considering partnerships.